- Registered and Licensed Dietitians: Food and nutrition experts who have met academic/professional requirements to qualify for the credentials (RD) and to be licensed in state of Illinois (LDN)
- Dietetic Technicians, Registered (DTR), who work in partnership with RDs/LDNs
- Students of accredited university/college programs in Nutrition and Dietetics
Our members work in a variety of settings such as:
- Healthcare – Hospitals, HMOs, Clinics
- Food Management/Food Safety
- Business and Industry
- Private Practice
- Fitness Centers/Sports
- Educational Institutions
- Government Agencies
- Public Health Clinics
- Long Term Care Centers
The Illinois Academy provides several member benefits such as:
Spring Assembly and Continuing Education
Provides Continuing education and professional development opportunities.
Fosters professional relationships with other dietitians through events such as lobby day, spring assembly, and district dietetic meetings.
Highlights the Illinois Academy member achievements, past and upcoming events, and member action items.
Advocates for regulatory and legislative issues that are important to RDs and DTRs.
Facilitates access to job opportunities in the state of Illinois.
Awards and Scholarships
Opportunity to apply for awards and scholarships awarded specifically to the Illinois Academy members.
Opportunity to volunteer at the district or state level and gain valuable leadership skills.