Illinois Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Spring Assembly, April 3-4, 2014
Watch the slide show below to learn more about what to expect at the Spring Assembly 2014.
Support the IAND Food Bank Challenge during National Nutrition Month®
The Illinois Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic is taking action and helping to fight food insecurity during National Nutrition Month®. Join this initiative that supports the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ food insecurity mega issue as well as its partnership with Feeding America and National Dairy Council® .
What’s the challenge?
The Challenge is two-fold.
1) The Illinois Academy has set a goal to raise $10,000 for Illinois food banks in March, which breaks down to only $3.13 per member.
2) The Illinois Academy district whose members donate the most dollars to their local food bank in March will earn a $150 bonus donation to its local food bank.
Did you know that donated dollars can be stretched further than food donations? In fact, $1 donated can buy between 5-8 meals for those in need. So give what you can. Every dollar makes a difference. It is as easy as three clicks and an email.
1. Visit feedingamerica.org/foodbank-results.aspx?state=IL, find a food bank in your area. Click on the “Find food in this area” tab.
2. Click “Donate” and input the amount you wish to donate.
3. Click “Submit or Process” and presto! you have given a family in need the gift of nourishment.
The Illinois Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
The Illinois Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the Illinois Academy, an affiliate of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, is a not-for-profit professional organization of over 3,200 members including registered dietitians, dietetic technicians, and dietetic students. We promote and enhance our profession through various activities and help to improve the lives of Illinois citizens through evidence-based practices.