CDR has implemented an online system for requesting prior approval for CPE programs. The first step is for the program representative to set up an online account, including a username and password. Use this link to begin the process. http://www.cdrnet.org/auth.cfm?sign_in=true
The information previously required (program title, date, location, etc.) can be recorded in the online database. Certain attachments will also be required (such as speaker’s bio, program objectives, agenda, schedule, etc.). After inputting the information in the database and submitting the program request, the Illinois Academy CPE Committee will review the information (for Illinois requests). Once approved, the program submitter will receive an automatic email letting them know the program was approved.
As this is the initial rollout of a new online system, CDR mentioned that there are some “kinks” to be worked out. Ideally, the online database will eliminate paperwork and should be easy to use after the initial learning curve has passed.
Illinois Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Policy for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Approval
The Illinois Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is a CPE Accredited Provider recognized by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). All programs submitted for prior approval in the state of Illinois will be forwarded to IAND by the CDR. The IAND fee schedule for CPE approval submitted within 30 days of the event is as follows:
- $20 per Credit Hour for all Organizations (including Districts)
Payment Information: Online Credit Card Payment is required. An email confirmation of your transaction will be provided. Please click below to make payment.
Note: Processing cannot begin until payment is received.
Forms: Prior Approval Form is available on the CDR web site, http://www.cdrnet.org
The following information must be provided with the completed Continuing Education Prior Approval Request:
- Online payment confirmation.
- Outcome-oriented educational objectives for each content area.
- Timing outline to include a detailed breakdown of the time schedule for the entire program, indicating the starting and ending times for all educational sessions, registration, meals, breaks, or discussion periods.
- Information describing the target audience (target audience can not include the lay public).
- Name(s) of speaker(s) and qualifications on topic(s) to be presented.
- CPE Category for each session in the program timing outline.
Email completed forms and payment confirmation to:
IAND CPE Review Chair
Note: Do NOT send forms to CDR.
Following program review, the Illinois Academy Review Chair/Committee will send verification of approval to the program provider.
The program provider is responsible for supplying a Certificate of Attendance to all participants.